We are seeking Forklift Operators in Latrobe, PA on (2nd & 3rd) shift. Operator will be responsible for receiving/storing green loads and maintaining flow of lumber to the lines during operation of forklift, loader or other heavy equipment.
- Follows all forklift operation and receiving policies;
- Operator is responsible for transferring heavy loads; safely and efficiently
- Daily tasks include operating, sit-down forklifts; load/unload trucks, count parts, and variety of other tasks.
- Verifies lumber against outstanding purchase orders;
- Audits lumber and unloads, reports exceptions to appropriate supervisor for resolution and accuracy;
- Stores green and dry lumber according to storage policies;
- Works with team members to ensure production goals are met; cleans-up areas of responsibility; picks-up cross pieces in areas of responsibility;
- Coordinates activities with operators on next shift; trains in other areas of large fork lift operation and shipping;
- Assists other forklift operators as assigned; reports maintenance/repair issues immediately.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Approved work gloves are required in this area.
- Safety glasses are required in this area
- Hearing protection is required in this area
- Head Protection
- Steel toed work boots
- Pre-assignment Training
- Employee will be supervised in forklift operations to ensure safety standards are understood prior to authorizing to operate as an individual contributor. This is not an entry level position and will require proven competencies prior to assignment
- 2 Years of Experience: Skilled operator training, both procedural and hands-on, required prior to forklift operation
- Education: High School or experience providing skills suitable for this position
- May be required to lift upwards of 100 pounds, continuous standing, bending, kneeling and walking
- Forklift Operator License Class 1, 3, & 5
- May not be required to operate forklift daily or all the time and will be assigned duties by supervisor
Note: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.