Electrician Technician is required at Gutchess Lumber Inc, Freedom NY. Must work safely in a fast pace industrial manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety, quality, environmental concerns and production goals. Experience with 3 phase 480 Volt Systems and 110V control power troubleshooting skills, quality workmanship, and willing to work Saturday s. Electrician will be installing, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining electric motors, through OEM on PLC's equipment used in lumber sawmill manufacturing.
- Must be attentive, responsible, goal oriented, and safety minded
- Required to work in a very fast-paced industrial manufacturing environment with emphasis on safety, quality, environmental concerns and production goals.
- Must be able to work any shift including weekends
- Adhere to all plant safety/environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Cuts, bends, threads, assemble, and installs electrical conduit, pulls wiring, splices wires connects wiring to fixtures and power equipment,
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, connects power cables to equipment, tests continuity of circuit and observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Requires personal protective equipment be worn at all times;
- safety glasses;
- hearing protection;
- head protection;
- steel toed work boots;
•3-5 year’s electrical industrial experience
•PLC experience is a plus
•HS diploma, BOCES training in Industrial Electricity/Electronics or Military electrical and or mechanical courses
•Knowledge on and experience with electrical aspects of sawmill equipment
•Prefer Industrial Electrician experience in the Wood Products Industry
Note: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.